Professional Pest Control Services For Your Celina, Texas Property
Have you ever found cockroaches in your kitchen or mice in your attic? Are you worried about termites damaging your home? Do you wish there were a pest control service that could keep your Celina property protected from a variety of common Texas pests? If so, look no further than Addison Pest Control Of Texas! Providing property owners in northeastern Texas with top-of-the-line pest control products and services is our number one goal. If you have a pest problem, you can trust the professionals here at Addison Pest to take care of it. Don't hesitate to give us a call today and ask about our pest control programs or schedule your free inspection at your Celina property!
Home Pest Control In Celina, TX
No matter where you live, home pest control is always important. If you don't protect your Celina home with an effective residential pest control program, you run the risk of finding cockroaches, spiders, termites, or other pests that may be infesting your property. These pests cause damage to your furniture, spread bacteria and diseases, and otherwise create stress for you and your family.
Here at Addison Pest Control Of Texas, we make it our mission to find the perfect solution for your pest problems. Our home pest control programs provide a number of services including quarterly service visits and year-round protection, as well as rodent exclusion and subterranean termite protection in Celina. Our licensed and friendly pest control service technicians will provide you with effective and affordable solutions to eliminate pest invaders from your home. Contact Addison Pest today and give your home the pest protection it deserves!
Homeowners Guide To Avoiding Cockroaches In Celina, TX
There's nothing quite as disturbing as walking into your kitchen and discovering several cockroaches skitter across your floors when you turn on the light. Here in Celina, we deal with the threat of cockroach infestations all throughout the year. Our high average temperatures allow cockroaches to remain active for much longer than they would in other areas of the country, and understanding the reasons why they might invade your Celina property is essential. In our area, cockroaches invade for two reasons: food and water.
To avoid attracting these filthy, disease-ridden insects to your home or business, consider following a few of these simple cockroach prevention tips:
Cut thick brush and shrubs away from your exterior walls to allow sunlight to dry up excess moisture.
Sweep your floors and wipe your counters to eliminate crumbs.
Install door sweeps and replace torn window screens.
Store all pet food in sealed plastic containers.
Keep your compost bins and garbage cans sealed.
Seal all cracks and gaps around the exterior of your property.
Ensure all gutters are clear and downspouts direct water away from your foundation.
Install dehumidifiers and repair leaking pipes and faucets to reduce moisture levels in your home or business.
While these prevention tips can help you avoid cockroaches in the first place, they won't remove an existing infestation. Fortunately, the friendly pest control professionals here at Addison Pest have the skills and the tools you need to keep cockroaches and other common Texas pests away from your Celina home or business all year long.
Commercial Pest Control In Celina, TX
A business without the protection of a commercial pest control plan is like trying to ride a bicycle without wheels. No matter how hard you try, you will never get to where you want to go. The best way to avoid encountering pest problems in your Celina business is by implementing a year-round pest protection program from Addison Pest Control Of Texas. We have been providing northeastern Texas business owners with outstanding commercial pest control services since 1986, and we strive to keep improving our services each and every year. Don't wait for troublesome pests such as rodents, cockroaches, flies, or bed bugs to invade your Celina business. Our pest control expert technicians will work with you to eliminate any existing pest problems and find an effective solution to prevent pests from returning to your commercial property in the future.
Everything You Need To Know About Termites In Celina, TX
Did you know that termites cost United States property owners about five-billion dollars in damages every year? Or the fact that a small colony of 60,000 termites can eat through an entire 2x4 in less than six months? Termites are silent invaders, meaning they are capable of invading and destroying your Celina home or business for several years without your knowledge. These tiny, wood-destroying insects are responsible for damaging property, weakening structural beams, and even collapsing buildings!
If the above facts seem concerning, it's because you don't have a termite control plan protecting your Celina property. Addison Pest Control Of Texas offers complete protection from termites with our termite treatment and prevention programs. We provide the most advanced termite control methods available such as the Sentricon® baiting system and the use of Termidor's liquid termite treatments. Avoid the stress and cost of termite damage by trusting the licensed pest control specialists here at Addison Pest.
For more information about how we can help keep termites and other pests away from your Celina property year-round, contact Addison Pest today!
How To Prevent A Bed Bug Infestation In Your Celina Home
Bed bug infestations can develop and exist in your Celina home for quite some time without your knowledge. These pests opt to feed off of people at nighttime and usually live in areas of the home that you can’t easily access. These qualities also make getting rid of bed bugs more of a challenge, so here are a few tips on preventing them from the local pest pros:
- Travel with certainty. If you are staying at a hotel or flying, be sure to store worn clothes in sealed baggies and wash them immediately after getting home. You’ll also want to dry clothes on the highest setting to eliminate any potential stragglers.
- Be scrupulous. Bed bugs thrive in public spaces and these areas are where they get picked up as well. Whenever you’re at a store, school, or healthcare facility, always keep your eyes open to possible bed bugs to avoid bringing them home.
- Inspect used goods. A few favorite hiding spots for bed bugs are couches, mattresses, and other furniture items. If you are bringing any secondhand pieces into your home, always check them thoroughly for signs of bed bugs first and try to learn as much as you can about their previous whereabouts, too.
- Create a barrier. Bed bugs can easily spread from one dwelling to another especially when there are shared walls involved. Take a look around your home and fill in any cracks in your foundation with silicone-based caulk, affix weatherstripping to loose windows and door frames, and place door sweeps where you need them.
For more information on bed bug prevention, call Addison Pest Control today.
What Attracts Mosquitoes To Certain Homes In Celina?
Mosquitoes are a seasonal pest problem in the Celina area, so this is one factor that is always going to be relevant in whether or not certain properties experience mosquito populations. They are drawn out by the moisture and heat that comes with the summer months; however, people may encounter mosquitoes in the spring and fall as well depending on conditions. Certain homes may see more mosquitoes than others if they have lots of areas to hide amidst. Mosquitoes need protection from the sun during the daytime, so if a property is rich with harborage areas, leaf piles, or overgrown hedges, then there might be more mosquitoes.
The presence of standing water is also very appealing to mosquitoes because it’s their preferred place to lay their eggs. Having birdbaths, play structures, and buckets that all collect water may mean more mosquitoes. And lastly, the presence of people may determine how many mosquitoes a property sees because female mosquitoes need human blood to lay their eggs. For more information on mosquito control, call Addison Pest Control today.
How Can I Tell If It's A Wildlife Problem In My Celina Home?
Determining the presence of a wildlife problem around your Celina home can be challenging because of the many places where these animals can hide. That said, here are a few ways to determine whether you’re dealing with an unwieldy wildlife population or not:
- Excessive numbers of birds, squirrels, or other wildlife
- Having your house sprayed by a skunk or seeing skunks at night regularly
- Bird nests around your property
- Hearing raccoons rummaging through outdoor garbage bins
- Chew marks on siding, patio furniture, electrical wiring, or decks
- Significant amounts of feces on outdoor spaces
- Paw prints around your yard
- Odd behavior from your cats and dogs
If you suspect that you have a wildlife problem around your home, call Addison Pest Control today for wildlife control.
5 Tips Celina Residents Can Use To Minimize Ants In The Yard
The ants that Celina residents may find around their yard can vary from pavement ants to fire ants to carpenter ants. Some of these ants cause structural issues while others are a threat to health and well-being. In order to reduce the number of ants that homeowners see, they ought to try these five tips:
- Landscape like you mean it. To start deterring ants, it’s important to reduce certain landscaping factors that might be alluring to them. This entails clearing away twigs, sticks, and other yard clutter.
- Fix water issues. Ants seek out moisture accumulation, so pay attention to leaky hoses and clogged gutters and rectify these issues in a timely manner.
- Be aware of trash build-up. Garbage is one of the most enticing things to ants, so use garbage and recycling bins with lids, only dispose of trash in bags, and don’t skip trash collection.
- Clean after you cook. Outdoor grilling is very common in Celina, especially when the weather is warm; however, ants are often attracted to the meaty drippings that occur as a result of this. That said, always clean the grill thoroughly after using it.
- Work with a pest expert. For reliable year-round protection from ants, seek guidance and treatments from a trusted pest control company.
For more information on ant control, call Addison Pest Control today.
Request Your Free Inspection
Complete the form below to schedule your no obligation inspection.